+49 711 685-81002
+49 711 685-81006
Wednesday, 12.00 to 12.45 am
By appointment only Secretary’s Office
- Economic Sociology and Organization Studies
- Innovation Research
- Technology Policy
- Sociology and Political Economy of the Internet.
Since October 2009 Ulrich Dolata has been Professor for Organizational Sociology and Innovation Studies at the Institute for Social Sciences at the University of Stuttgart. His work and research focuses on the sociology of technology and organizations, on innovation research and technology policy as well as on the sociology and political economy of the internet.
Ulrich Dolata earned a graduate degree in economics at the University of Bremen in 1985, where he continued to complete a doctorate in economics and social sciences (Dr. rer.pol.) in 1992 as well as a post-doctoral degree (habilitation) with a thesis on the sociology of technology in 2003. Starting with the end of the 1980s, he worked at the Hamburg Institute for Social Research, followed by artec, a research center for labor, environment and technology at the University of Bremen, and the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies (MPIfG) in Cologne. In the academic year 2000/2001, he taught as a guest professor at the University of Graz and was a Senior Fellow at the Institute for Advanced Studies in Science, Technology and Society (IAS-STS), Graz.
Ulrich Dolata has been a member of the board of science and technology section of the German Sociological Association (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Soziologie, DGS) from 2007 to 2018, and has served as its spokesperson from 2014 to 2018.
Since 2017 he has been a Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of 'TATuP - Journal of Technology Assessment in Theory and Practice'.
- Dolata, Ulrich, 2021: Varieties of Internet Platforms and their Transformative Capacity. In: Suter, Christian / Cuvi, Jacinto / Balsiger, Philip / Nedelcu, Mihaela (Eds.), The Future of Work. Zurich / Geneva: Seismo, 100-116. Volltext
- Dolata, Ulrich, 2020: The Digital Transformation of the Music Industry. The Second Decade: From Download to Streaming. SOI discussion paper 2020-04. Stuttgart: University of Stuttgart. Full Text
- Dolata, Ulrich, 2020: Internet – Platforms – Regulation. Coordination of Markets and Curation of Sociality. SOI Discussion Paper 2020-02. Stuttgart: University of Stuttgart. Full Text
- Dolata, Ulrich, 2019: Privatization, curation, commodification. Commercial platforms on the Internet. In: Österreichische Zeitschrift für Soziologie 44 (Supplement 1), 181-197. SpringerLink
- Dolata, Ulrich / Schrape, Jan-Felix, 2018: Collectivity and Power on the Internet. A Sociological Perspective. Cham: Springer. SpringerLink
- Dolata, Ulrich/Schrape, Jan-Felix, 2016: Masses, Crowds, Communities, Movements: Collective Action in the Internet Age. In: Social Movement Studies 15(1), S. 1–18. Abstract und weitere Informationen
- Dolata, Ulrich, 2013: The Transformative Capacity of New Technologies. A Theory of Sociotechnical Change. London: Routledge.
- Dolata, Ulrich, 2009: Technological Innovations and Sectoral Change. Transformative Capacity, Adaptability, Patterns of Change. An Analytical Framework. Research Policy 38(6), 1066-1076. PDF